Tuesday, December 4, 2007

reason to party

The police helicopter is being grounded next week! As soon as we heard the news, John turned to me and said, deadpan, "We should have a party." Thinking about it. I'll keep you posted.

Last summer, the damn thing flew circles around our neighborhood for hours. Nothing like looking up from your bed through a skylight to see a spotlight shining down on your humid nakedness! Anyway, I'm glad they came to the conclusion that it's simply not cost effective.

The rub? The same one that's happening all over the country: cut the budget (be it for schools, parks, military, whatever), and watch the private companies swoop in like the hawks they are. Look out, folks! Be careful what you wish for.

2 comments:

Marina Eckler said...

you mean like the blackhawks they are
har har
and i will come to that party

Marie said...

I'd like to know what the heli"cop"ters would do if they saw something suspicious. Shoot?

I am glad they are down.