1. I always thought shingles was an old-lady disease, on account of the fact that the only person I ever knew who had it was my grandmother. Turns out LOTS of people I know have had it! And they're not old.
2. Because I have shingles, chemo has been postponed AGAIN!
3. Tomorrow should have been my last round, number 12, if all had gone as planned. But because of all the delays (neuropathy, liver functions, low WBC, and now shingles) I still have three left. That's six more weeks.
4. They hurt. Kind of like having a knife jabbed into your back.
5. I'm banned from hot springs and swimming pools, two of my most favorite places.
6. I don't really even care anymore about chemo being postponed, or not being able to soak at Mt. Princeton. I'm not sure if that means I'm less depressed, or more depressed.
7. I am learning to live beyond "should have" and "as planned".